Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Essay Prep

Hello Everyone,

As promised, below you will find materials outlining some guidance on preparing for your EN 246 essay and using MLA documentation methods.

In the first handout, I list some basic examples of bibliographic entries in MLA form, and also provide you with the links I mentioned to three very helpful Writing Centre websites.


MLADocumentationHandout

I've also posted my PowerPoint slides on structuring your essay and key tips on using MLA, so do consult this too if need be.


EN246_EssayPrep

Finally, you may also wish to consult the Writing Centre Handout on “How to Write an Effective Conclusion.”

Feel free to talk with me after our next tutorial or during my office hours (Monday, 12-1pm, DAWB 5-129) if you have any questions as you work on this assignment.

Best with your writing!

Ada

No comments: